Tuesday 7 February 2012

Australia - Up through the middle

Uluru, more stunning than any photograph could ever show it.

Finn: Uluru is made of sandstone. Boulders stuck together with mud. 
It is red because of iron in the sand. It is 546 meters high.


Four p.m., 44 Degrees Celcius, a walk through Kata-Tjuta (the Olgas)


Finn: I feel good and when I say I feel good, I mean that I feel good. We saw salt rivers. 
The soil here looks red. The bushes and trees are brown. 21.1.2012




Finn up close at the Lizard Discovery Centre in Alice Springs


Devils Marbles



Finn feeding his new friend Eric

The thermal springs of Mataranka (way too much vegetation for me!)



A faithful travel companion up north - the cane toad! (Yukyukyuk!!!!!)


A boat trip through Kathrine Gorge 




Not a drop of rain since South Australia and at least a swim a day (mostly more).



Litchfield National Park - an amazing site thanks to the wet season!



Local fauna



Finn is slowly growing webbed hands and feet - our little fish!!!







1 comment:

  1. Das sind en huufe wunderschöni Fotos! Es isch toll, immer uf em laufende z'si.
    Mir freued üs mega uf Eu!!!

    ReplyDelete